MaxiTRANS Acquires Majority Ownership of Transport Connection

MaxiTRANS Australia Pty Ltd, is pleased to announce that it has reached agreement to acquire 80% of the business of Transport Connection. One of the state’s pre-eminent suppliers of semi-trailers, parts and service, Transport Connection is based in the South Australian transport hub of Wingfield.

MaxiTRANS Managing Director, Michael Brockhoff, said that, following the recent acquisition of AZMEB side tippers, it had become necessary to streamline the Company’s South Australian trailer distribution, bringing all its brands under one roof in order to offer its full product range to the local market. “We considered our best opportunity to bring that to fruition was to acquire a stake in a local dealership,” Mr Brockhoff said. “South Australian customers can now look forward for the first time to finding the complete range of our trailer brands, Freighter, Maxi-CUBE, Hamelex White, Lusty EMS, Peki and AZMEB, in the one location.”

With 80% of Transport Connection being acquired by MaxiTRANS, the remaining 20% will be retained by the dealer principal, David Rees, who will remain with the Company as General Manager.

Mr Brockhoff said that, while the South Australian distribution of the Company’s trailer brands would be moved from existing dealers to Transport Connection as a result of the acquisition, the decision is not a reflection on current dealers. “We have had positive and mutually beneficial partnerships for many years and wish them well into the future,” he said.

Through its various trailer brands, MaxiTRANS is Australia’s largest manufacturer of trailing transport equipment. The Company also owns the Colrain and QDS parts businesses. Please refer to www.maxitrans.com for more information.

This entry was posted in maxitrans-news. Bookmark the permalink.